MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Maria Dantas
Administrator
After watching the video presentation "Making Learning Fun," implement one of the suggested activities in your classroom. The activities can be in any of the areas mentioned:
--Technology
-- Games
-- Active Learning
-- Get out of the Classroom
Take pictures or videos of your students during the activity. Post your pictures/video here and write a short description of your students' performance.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Maria Dantas-Whitney
I delivered some workshops for teachers a few days ago. I used several activities to promote motivation through active learning. One day, in the beginning of class, I had all the teachers stand up in a line. Then, I gave a big ball to the first person in the line and started playing some music. The teachers had to pass the ball to the next person while the music was playing. When the music stopped, the person who had the ball had to answer a question to review what we had learned the day before. It was a fun activity that motivated everyone! Take a look at the picture.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Maria Dantas-Whitney
This teacher used a competitive game to encourage motivation in her classroom.  Take a look at the video!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mY9f1RZ44

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Ruth Castillo

Students loved the activity of PHOTO WALK they felt free to write sentences describing the pictures. In this case I used flashcards but the next time I would ask them to bring their photos. Also, we developed the Facebook wall activity where they expressed their interests on living in an apartment or house relating the activity with the topic itself.!

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

rolandocunabenitez
Very interesting when students feel what they are learning. I invited them to find interesting tourist places around the world ( a map) and they enjoyed this activity a lot.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Yenisbeth Guerra
In this topic, students explore the importance of food in their lives. The topic is designed to allow classes to exchange information about diet, health, sources of food and the cultural aspects of food. Students consider the significance of food in their daily lifestyles and culture. They discuss how eating habits and the food culture have changed in their area in recent years. Moreover, students enjoyed this activity on healthy and unhealthy food. They cooked different kinds of healthy and unhealthy foods. They explained each of the foods their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, they explained why we should eat healthy according to the food pyramid that made with different colors and picture of correct way that we should feed ourselves to maintain a healthier life.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Jhohans Gutiérrez
Hello pals, after watching the video from module 1; which is a very important topic "Motivation and how to engage students in the classroom". I'm sharing evidences, and giving faith that motivation is very crucial in lessons; some activities my students enjoyed the most are karaoke, board games, and different dynamics.

This picture evidences a karaoke activity guided by one of the students; who motivates others follow the rythm and get into the lyric.

The image shows a charade activity, students worked in teams, each team had a time limit to guess as many words or phrases as possible. Students enjoyed this activity and review vocabulary at the same time.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Harold Ramirez

My students were interested on drawing some postcards, explaining them and usen the terms I just explained them, they enjoy using activities like this.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

carlos De Gracia

My students watching a video about one of their favorites songs "Faded"...

My students using technology to learn new idioms and sayings in English.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Ana Aizpurúa
This post was updated on .
I think Making Learning Fun provides excellent ideas to be incorporated in the class.  All of them promote oral communication and active interaction between students.  They are very helpful and  I can adapt them according to the resources that are available in the school. I think using technology is very interesting for teenagers and activities as scavender hunt using pictures and creating an app  will be useful to promote speaking. Jeopardy is a great idea to motivate them to speak through a fun competition. I really enjoyed the video.Yoga activity in class.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

kathleen González
hello everybody =) Making learning fun is an interesting way to acquire a new language specially if you work with teenagers. I decide to applied: Spotlight on Motivation: is when students  learn something significant about the topic through a simple game out of the classroom.  They loved this activity out of the classroon.

For this game we need one student in the middle of the circle, this student will select one person to pass the ball; the teacher will ask some questions about the topic to that person, if the student answer correctly she/he is going to be in the middle selecting others.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

danavernon
Making learning Fun help student to become better acquainted and to build feeling of a membership in a group,to giving them practice in using the Target Language.

For this Game-Your Birth Day.
Students feeling of Camaraderie discovering similar interest and characteristics among classmate,practice
asking question and answering question using vocabulary of similarities and differences, Simple Present Tense,The Month of the year and Number.Before the Game start,students receive information about they
Name and the day,month they were born.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Emperatriz Sanchez
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: MODULE 1: Making Learning Fun

Emperatriz Sanchez
Students practice English while enjoying with a talent show