MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

Maria Dantas
Administrator
After watching the video presentation "Using Group Work Effectively," implement one of the suggested activities in your classroom. You can try any of the activities mentioned (Physical Responses; Matching/Grouping; Speaking), such as:
-- Line up
-- Four Corners
-- Jigsaws
-- Talking Line
-- Etc
Take pictures or videos of your students during the activity. Post your pictures/video here and write a short description of your students' performance.

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

Jhohans Gutiérrez
"Using Group Work Effectively" it is just terrific, students are motivated to speak by performing an activity. My students have had the oportunity to work in groups by playing board games, dynamics, and also a jigsaw activity, students read about Colonel Sanders, they were interested about him, this technique is useful to cover a lesson in the while; but as a warm up it doesn't work because jigsaw activity takes to much time.

The picture evidences a group activity my students participate called "tied together", the purpose of this activity is to make students share their past experiences or to describe someone using adjectives (the topic can vary according to the needs of the lesson being delivered).

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

Yenisbeth Guerra
According to using group work effectively to increase students speaking can be an effective method to motivate students, encourage active learning, and develop key critical-thinking, communication, and decision-making skills. Therefore, motivation is a fundamental aspect of successful learning. In other words, interaction gives learners the opportunity to use language successfully and to measure their progress which in turn should lead to an increase in motivation.

https://youtu.be/3fQq6IzGMrc
https://youtu.be/oL3rDnOcsh0
 https://youtu.be/in2W-XnwKQ4

The picture and video are evidences  about the activity called ´Different profession¨ my students participate in group the purpose of this activity is to make students share their  experiences  in a future as  professionals . This activities is interesting because they practice and might be opportunities to improve and move toward your goals and they might suggest areas of study and work that will keep you interested long into the future.

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

carlos De Gracia
Students performing a speech about healthy food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP18p00BiB8

Students performing a role play about buying and selling merchandise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlenna2Cc68

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

Ana Aizpurúa
I usually use different kinds of warm ups and speaking activities.  One of the activities mentioned is "A what".  We did this activity and it was fun and students engaged to speak.  Students did speaking activities as river talk and they felt confident to speak and the stronger students helped the weak ones.

River talk activities

"A What ? " activity

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

Ruth Castillo

This module #2 made us reviewed and refreshed some of the strategies and techniques that we can use in the classroom in order to make our students feel interest on the lesson. I used to make my students work in groups because it is a large class of 28 students so, in the pictures and the video I made the activity talk line but I have known this activity as a river talk. The students were practicing the pronunciation of the regular verbs in past. They enjoyed it practicing and learning with their classmates.

https://youtu.be/i7mQYElwwPM

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

kathleen González
After watching the video and the slides about -Using Group Work Effectively, I refreshed my mind about the strategy: cooperative learning, it  is necessary inside the class to make our students talk without  any problem.

I did a different jigsaw activity. Students made sentences using clothes vocabulary; then, all the groups will interchange the sentences and they will try to unscramble it, until they finish all the sentences of each group. During the activity they will read the sentences to everybody heard and correct them if is necessary.

Re: MODULE 2: Using Group Work Effectively

danavernon
Helloo.
Using Group Work Effectively make student that be Shame to Speak fell more confidently as a Learners.

Charades Sports
Introduce a Vocabulary about Sports,student will each out loud with me,after the sudents have to guess
the word from a vocabulary doing a Pantomine the movement involved in paying any Sport.