MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

Maria Dantas
Administrator
After watching the video presentation "Out of Your Seat Grammar!," implement one of the suggested activities in your classroom. You can try any of the strategies mentioned, such as:
-- Two circle rotation
-- Disappearing dialogue
-- Structured slot chart
-- Action cards
-- Student interview chart
-- Question activity board
-- Student-created role play
-- Etc
Take pictures or videos of your students during the activity. Post your pictures/video here and write a short description of your students' performance.

Re: MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

Ana Aizpurúa

During my ASP clases my students practiced grammatical patterns and dialogues through circle rotation and migle activities. Students had fun and they felt free to speak and interact with others. Also, they supported one anther creating a motivated and wonderful atmosphere.  I have had good results with this types of activites and students have improved in oral communication.
Two circle rotation

Re: MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

kathleen González
After read the topic -Out of Your Seat Grammar! I decided to make a funny activity to teach them grammar, because this is a demanding subject and we should adapt it in a creative way.

Those are "action cards" they have to see the pictures and make sentences with the correct grammar structure; at the end they will write on the board opinions or thoughts about the topic in an organize way.

Re: MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

danavernon
Out of Your Seat Grammar       OUR Meals Vocabulary
Using How often and
time expression
in a dilogue
and a Tongue Twister

Re: MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

Yenisbeth Guerra
It is very difficult to explain to a student what is wrong with their sentence structure if they do not have the vocabulary to carry on that discussion.In other words, it is obviously not the only thing we should be teaching, but grammar, like vocabulary, needs to be taught in context.

I saw the video about Out of Your Seat Grammar after I consider how to attract students attention and memories by building on what students already know and choosing and structuring learning into small steps to teach the new material. I did make an activity very interesting because we live in a world that is constantly changing, and every day it seems to change more quickly. In this activity students made a drama about different proffessions of their future life, while I guides them to the best available grammar forms in order to do so.

MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

Neilys Coffre
USEFUL STRATEGIES TO TEACH GRAMMAR that I like the most are :
-Choral reading
-Timed oral reading
-Disappearing dialogue
-Action cards
-Interview charts
-Question activity board
-students created dialogue
Teacher's directions to develop each strategy should be:
-clear
-concise
- step by step
-model the activity.
- ask for comprehension at the end of each explanation.
question activity board

Re: MODULE 4: Out of Your Seat Grammar!

carlos De Gracia
Out of Your Seat Grammar is a module that has caught my attention because it shows many ways to avoid grammar like in a traditional classroom. I found this topic really marvelous.